Saturday 13 August 2011

My Soul Happy

I love going to my Granny's house...there is something about arriving at the top of her narrow road and that bumpy journey down hill, the fields either side and spotting her little bungalow just before reaching the bottom. I get goosebumps everytime.


 








































































As children we spent so many holidays exploring the surrounding fields and taking walks and picnics. I remember making tents from blankets in the back garden and eating tuna fish sandwiches. My Grandads old bike perched against the back wall and his shed with the wobbly door. Countless photos displayed on top of the piano in the lounge and the mismatched china teasets all displayed in the dresser. It is such a special place to me and I love the fact that I can now take my children there to experience the same feelings of freedom and adventure.
I have recently started a photography course and my first weeks task was to take a photo of something that makes you Soul Happy...I have deliberated for days. I realised after looking back over my photos from this recent trip with the children that this little house in the middle of nowhere has so many happy memories for me that it is a definite contender for my soul happy!







Unfortunately I could only submit one image and it had to be taken specifically for the task but these pictures will always make me happy to look at them.



1 comment: